Yesterday I canceled my WITopia VPN renewal in favor of UNLOCATOR. Today, I received an email from WITopia providing me the reasons for continuing my VPN service.
Here is the content of that email.
I just wanted you to know that your account will not be charged again when your service expires on August 19th.
There are many reasons to use a VPN. I believe just about anyone who uses the Internet can benefit from a VPN.
You may want to use a VPN if:
1.You want to protect your data over the internet
2. You wish to encrypt VOIP traffic (internet voice calls)
3. You use the Internet on public networks, where other users on the same network can tap into your connection.
4. You don’t want search engines such as Google, Bing, etc. storing your every Internet search – forever
5. You wish you navigate the Internet anonymously and privately.
6. You don’t want your ISP monitoring and logging your internet activity – including every webpage you visit.
7. You wish to protect yourself from identity theft.
Just a few things to consider before discontinuing use of the VPN entirely.
Thanks for trying us out.
First let me say that my service with WITopia was stellar and their reasons are worth considering. My primary reason for using WITopia and UNLOCATOR is to be able to utilize NetFlix and other US services that are blocked in Panama. UNLOCATOR satisfies those needs with less speed degradation than a VPN.
Still the issues listed in in WITopia’s email are worth talking about. Continue reading