Following is the latest ACS message.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Panama would like to inform U.S. citizens in Western Panama that we will be visiting David, Chiriquí on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 to provide consular services to U.S. citizens.
We will be at the Hotel Ciudad de David in David, Chiriquí from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 20, 2016. We will offer the following services:
Passports and Notarial Services
– Passport Renewal (adults and minors). Please note that most adult passport renewals can by processed by mail/DHL and do not require personal appearance at the Embassy or outreach event. See this page for more information on passport renewals by mail.
– Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status (please bring from I-407 and Permanent Resident Card)
– Voting information and acceptance of voter registration forms. Information and registration forms for overseas voters can be found here.
1. Please bring legible photocopies of all documents to be submitted.
· If you are requesting the notarization of your driver’s license, please bring a photocopy of the front and back page of your license, as well as your license. If you are requesting notarization of benefits documents, please bring the original and a copy of the document(s) showing the amount of benefits you receive monthly or annually.
· For adult passport renewals, please bring your passport and a copy of the photo page of your passport. For minor passport renewals, please bring a copy of the photo page of the minor’s passport, a copy of both parent’s passports or cedulas, and a copy of the minor’s birth certificate, in addition to the original birth certificate and passports or cedulas.
2. The Embassy will only accept payment by local banker’s cashier check (also known in Spanish as “Cheque Certificado”) in U.S. dollars only made payable to the “US Embassy Panama” (Banker’s Drafts must have been issued within the last five months). The Embassy will not accept cash payments for any services. The notarial fee is $50.00 for each signature of the Consular Officer. A list of passport fees can be found here.
3. Please bring completed forms. Please access the following link for information on fees, and forms you need to download, complete and bring: http://panama.usembassy.gov/service.html
Federal Benefits Services
– Medicare enrollment/cancellation (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)
– Application for SS replacement cards (copy of current US Passport)
– Application for new SS card for children under age 12 (copy of US Passport for one of the parents, the child’s copia integra and passport)
– Change of address/residence (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)
– General inquiries
A representative from our Regional Security Office will be on hand to answer security questions.
· To apply for a new or replacement Social Security card, please bring the completed form. You may download and print the form for the Social Security card at the following link: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5fs.pdf
Please note: No visa services will be provided. Services will be provided on first come – first serve basis.
Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to seeing you.
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Panama