I received the following information from the Boquete Hospice.
REGISTER YOUR BLOOD TYPE FOR FUTURE USE
- This is not a request that you to donate blood now or on a regular basis.
- Occasionally blood donations are needed for persons who need blood on hand for surgery or in case of accident.
- Rarer blood types are hard to find, and it is especially important that you register if you have a rare blood type.
- The registry is confidential. You may read more details at boquetehospice.com/blooddonors.html Qualifications for donors are listed on this page. Please read them and then call to register your blood type. You may later need to be either a recipient or a donor.
- We have about 100 persons currently registered and need to significantly increase this number so that we have sufficient numbers of potential donors and a sufficient variety of types.
- Please call Mary Lynah (6533-0967) and provide your name, telephone number, age, blood type, any medications you use and any medical conditions you have. The age limit for donation is 65.
- Neither Hospital Chiriqui nor Hospital Mae Lewis have blood banks. If you go in for surgery, you may be asked, with very short notice, to provide two pints of blood of your type. At such a time our registry could be very important to you or someone you care about.
- Please ask friends if they have seen this notice, and, if not, share it with them.
Note: Boquete Hospice and Health Foundation meets monthly at BCP. All are welcome to attend.