WordPress has put out a new release 3.3. It has many new features and I am unable to use them because I am still on WordPress 3.2.1. I have a couple Plugins that quit functioning when I moved to 3.2.1 and I am in the process of looking for a new theme that is compatible with 3.3.
This is a little heads up that some remodeling will probably begin and with all remodeling there can be disruptions. If I am lucky, the changes will not affect most of the blog, but I can’t guarantee that. The look and feel may change.
I try to stay pretty current with system upgrades. Not only do they add features, but they also fix old bugs and close security holes.
If you have any suggestions as to how I can make Chiriqui Chatter more easy to navigate or problems you have run into, drop me a note. I will take suggestions into consideration.
2012 is coming and I might as well put some new paint on this aging blog. I wish that I could give myself some upgrades as well, but will be content with updating the blog.
UPDATE: 5:00 P.M – I think the theme change is now close to complete. It was a little more painful than I expected. I think I am satisfied with the Twenty Eleven Default theme. I had a few snags and things aren’t exactly as I want them, but maybe I can smooth out a few rough edges in the coming days.
- I moved the sidebar back to the right side. It just seemed to look better to me, but it can be on either side.
- The name of the blog is no longer in the header photo.
- The “Pages Titles” that appear below the header photo no longer contains a page for Links. For some reason, with the move to the new theme, the Links page was messed up. Important links are now at the bottom of the page on the right side. If I can figure out how to build a Links Page, I will re-install it. Until then, look below the posts for the Links Area.
- There was no Contact template on this theme, so I added email contact information to the About Page.
- I did add an Email subscription capability in the sidebar. I have avoided that in the past, because I think RSS is more efficient, but I have had several requests for it, so it is now there.
- I changed the header photo. It is still in Parque Cervantez, but it now features some traditional Panamanian dress as opposed to the fountain.
- Obviously the display colors are different. It is now white with a gray background. I played with a Black based background and it can be done if it is preferred. To see what that might look like you can go HERE. Feel free to give me feed back if the darker scheme is better in your opinion.
- This theme makes reading the blog on a mobile device or an iPad a little easier. It puts the sidebar below all of the current posts. If you use an iPad, do you think it is better?