I just received the following email from Jorge at Restaurante Maná
From: Jorge Luis Cedeño
To: Don Ray
Just wanted to inform you and your readers that starting this Saturday, December 19th at 10AM, Finca Santa Maria and Restaurante Maná will pair up to sell organic produce at our restaurante every Saturday. This is an effort to bring our community here in David, healthier and chemical free food.
At Restaurante Maná, Vicky and I are working on a new menu that will integrate as much organic food as possible.
Please come and help support our efforts to a healthier eating life style!
UPDATE From Finca Santa Marta
Hola from Finca Santa Marta,
We are happy to annouce that we will start selling our organic produce and other health related items on Saturdays at Restaurante Maná in David. beginning December 19th. We will not be there on the 26th, beacuse of the holiday, but will return on the 2nd of January, 2010. Kim and I return to Panama on the 7th so our farm manager, Tino will be there when we are not. Tino will be there from 10 am until 2 pm. Stop by and and have a nice lunch with Jorge and Vicky and then pick up some fresh organic produce on the way out. If you have not been there yet, here is a link to their web site with directions. http://www.restauranteycafemana.webs.com/
Call ahead to Tino to reserve your order. 6629-3901 Some things are available in small quantities only. Call to reserve yours.
No email orders accepted at this time.
As we continue to sell our free-range chicken eggs, we are going to need more empty egg cartons. If you have any, please bring them with you.
Dig out your canvas shopping bags and bring them to the market for all your shopping. Keep them in your car for convenience.
FOR SALE this week:
* Organic green beans
* Organic beets
* Organic peas – edible pods
* Organic spinach – tipico vine type
* Organic okra – limited quantity
* Organic eggplant
* Organic cucumbers
* Organic green & red sweet peppers
* Free-range chicken eggs
* Organic cut herbs: Cilantro, Marjoram, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Basil, Lemon Basil,
Lime Basil, Thai Basil, Lemon Grass
* Organic Herb plants: Ciliantro, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Parsley, Lemon Grass, Basil, Lemon
Basil, Lime Basil, Thai Basil, Echinacea (the immune boosting medicinal herb)
* Kim’s Lip Balms: Tangerine/Anise, Lemon/Lime, Peppermint, Wintergreen
* Organic Yogurt Fruit and Nut Bars
* Coconut Oil – fresh and nice.
* Booklet – Plants and Animals of Medical Importance in Panama
* Booklet – Edible, Medicinal & Poisonous Fruits of Panama
* Misc – Bach Flower Rescue Remedy, Bach Sleep Aid, Deep Heating Balm, Foot Care Items, Unbleached Coffee Filters, and more.
Watch for our new web site coming soon.
Remember that everything we sell is guaranteed to please you. If you are not pleased with something, just let us know so that we can make it right.
Is there something you are hungry for that you would like to see us grow? Send us an email with your request and if possible, we will try to grow it as we expand our production. We are planning on building a second green house in January
If there is someone you know that would be interested in our products, please feel free to share our email address with them so they can contact us to be added to our email mailing list. We value your privacy and will not share any of your contact information with anyone.
Thank you for all your support.
Ron & Kim Miller