Click to enlarge
I am advertising this system for a friend. It is a 2007 Apple Mac Mini with 2GB of memory and an 80 GB hard drive. This mini includes the Intel chip set.
It came with the OSX Tiger system and was upgraded to the OSX Leopard system. All operating system disks are included.
It has a full sized Apple keyboard with numeric keypad. The keyboard provides two USB ports, Also included in the system are an Apple mouse, a LG 17 inch monitor and a stereo speaker system. The system is currently in English, but can be in Español if required.
Get the entire system for $350. Feel free to contact me for more information as I am acting as the technical consultant for the seller.
We are eating local watermelons today in David, Chiriquí. Quite a contrast to all the wintery happenings going on the the States.
Don’t you hate it when your wife asks you to hold her purse, and it doesn’t match what you’re wearing.
1) “Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.”
2) “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
3) “If I had my time over I would do the same again. So would any man who dares call himself a man.”
4) “I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.”
5) “Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.”
6) “A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.”
7) “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
8) “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
9) “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
10) “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
11) “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
12) “Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.”
13) “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
14) “I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days.”
15) “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.”
If you have never seen the movie Invictus, you should watch it. It is a great movie about a very great man. This is the spirit that should invade all men. RIP Nelson Mandela.
I went into the kitchen this morning and said to Lilliam, “Is that coffee I smell?”
She said, “It is and you do.”
You may remember that a couple weeks ago I took a tumble and hit my right hip and right shoulder. I have given it two weeks to recover and as of yesterday, I was still having problems. Primarily with my right leg. I was unable to use my right leg to climb the two steps to our terrace and there was no way, I would have tackled the stairs at the Regional hospital for the Embassy.
As a result, I decided to visit Robert Watson. Several of his clients have written me about the work that he had done for them. Robert is from Germany, where the Dorn technique originated.
On one of Lilliam’s walks, she met one of Robert’s clients walking backwards up a hill near out house. He told Lilliam that when he started seeing Robert, he needed two canes to walk. He was now totally without any need of walking assistance.
With all the positive feedback I was receiving, and with two weeks of minimal improvement, I decided to give Robert and the Dorn method a try and see if it would speed up my recovery. Just like Chicken Soup, it couldn’t hurt. Continue reading
I need a five-second delay between my brain and my mouth.
Yesterday, I was driving by Cuatro and noticed that the new addition Chef Luis had been working on is now open. I had seen Luis a couple weeks ago in El Rey and I had asked what was going on with the remodeling I had seen.
Chef Luis is providing a large selection of wines and several To-Go items. All items, except for the wines, are made onsite. I took several photos to give you an idea of what to expect.
I saw rum cake, fruit cake, eggnog, brownies, cookies, dips for chips, chicheme and a variety of wines.
I have been to several parties that Chef Luis has catered and his items are always special. Restaurante Cuatro has a Facebook page and it is a good place to see what’s happening at Cuatro.
If you stop into the new “Shop and Run” area, tell them you learned about it on Chiriquí Chatter. By the way, I learned how Cuatro’s was name was chosen. It is because Chiriquí is the fourth province of Panama. A little bit of trivia to go with the wine, dips and other items below.
Every time you judge me you gain weight.
I received a request to post the following.
Boquete PhotoGrafia, has announced an upcoming exhibit at the Boquete Library over the holiday season. The show entitled “Images of Chiriqui” will open on December 6 and run through January 3, 2014.
Technical Advisor to the club, Robert Brauns, said the images in the show are the work of 11 local photographers who are members of the club. The photographs of landscapes, street scenes, people, wildlife, buildings and local events all capture the beauty and diversity of Chiriqui Province.
The public is invited to attend the grand opening of the exhibit on Friday, December 6 from 4PM to 6PM on the third floor of the library. Participating photographers will be available to explain their work and provide information about the club. Refreshments will be served.